Attention Los Angeles Bat-fans! Warner Bros. is putting on a FREE exhibit at L.A. Live’s Event Deck to celebrate the December 4th Blu-ray release of The Dark Knight Rises. The exhibit hours are Monday through Sunday, 12:00PM – 9:00PM from November 30th (that’s today!) to December 14th. Check out the full press release after the break for more details. I’ve embedded a gallery of photos (taken by Gary
Miereanu) from the show as well.
Burbank, CA, November 26, 2012 – Warner Bros Home Entertainment is pleased to announce the launch of a pop up exhibit in Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE’s Event Deck, celebrating the December 4th home entertainment release of The Dark Knight Rises, the final film in director Christopher Nolan’s acclaimed film series.
The Dark Knight Legend Exhibit at L.A. LIVE’s Event Deck will bring together costumes and props from films in the Dark Knight Trilogy as well as all seven Batmobiles spanning the television and film franchise of Batman beginning with the Adam West television series in 1966 to the Tumbler and Bat-Pod from the current film (2012). Also included will be a selection of Batman art from the DC Comic art exhibit Darkness and Light, which has made stops in New York City, San Diego Portland and Atlanta and includes a centerpiece by legendary artist and DC Entertainment co-publisher Jim Lee. Fans can access L.A. LIVE’s Event Deck (directly behind Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE) from the stairways at the corner of Chick Hearn Ct. and Georgia St. or at the entrance at West Road and Georgia St. (1 block South of Olympic Blvd).
Admission to the exhibit is free to the public. The exhibit hours are Monday through Sunday, 12:00PM – 9:00PM from November 30th to December 14th.
In addition to the props, costumes and artwork, the following vehicles from the Batman franchise will be on display –
- Batman Television Series and Batman, the Movie (1966)
- Designer and builder George Barris and Barris Kustom Ind.
- Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992)
- Batman (1989) Production Designer Anton Furst, with art director Terry Ackland-Snow and special effects supervisor John Evans for the build. Batman Returns (1992) Production designer Bo Welch – modifications made.
- Batman Forever (1995)
- Production designer Barbara Ling, with automotive illustrator Tim Flattery and builders TransFX.
- Batman & Robin (1997)
- Production designer Barbara Ling, with designer/illustrator Harald Belker and builders TransFX.
- Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- (Black Tumbler, Camouflage Tumbler, Batpod) Director Christopher Nolan and production designer Nathan Crowley with special effects supervisor Chris Corbould and his team of special effects technicians for the build.