We haven’t heard much about a sequel to Rocksteady’s popular Batman video game Batman: Arkham City since its release in October 2011. That is, until this weekend. Now we may have some clues as to what they’re working on next. Technology news website Fusible has found evidence that Warner Bros. registered over a dozen domain names focused around “Arkham” on January 10, 2013. Rocksteady’s Batman games, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. Hopefully these new domain names mean that Warner Bros. is getting ready to announce a new game later this year. Take a look at the domain names below for some clues as to what we can expect the next game to be called.
- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)
Update: There was a rumor over the summer that the next game could be a prequel, rather than a sequel. “Batman: Arkham Origins” certainly seems like a likely title if that rumor turns out to be true.
Thanks everyone who sent this in!