This past Thursday was an exciting day for DC Comics fans. We learned that Matt Reeves would direct The Batman and that a Nightwing movie is in the works. The April issue of Empire magazine with Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman on the cover also went on sale on Thursday, and I’ve finally had time to read through it all.
Below you’ll find all the new and interesting info from the magazine.
- Producer Deborah Snyder attributes the success of the female-driven The Hunger Games franchise to helping people realize there’s an audience for a movie like Wonder Woman
- Director Patty Jenkins pitched a Wonder Woman movie to Warner Bros. 10 years ago. Unfortunately they were afraid to move forward in a male-dominated market, Jenkins said.
- It was Zack Snyder’s idea to introduce Wonder Woman into the DC Films universe when he was developing the Batman v Superman story.
- Gal Gadot was one of 5 finalists for the role of Wonder Woman. Deborah Snyder said that every single department was pulling for her during her chemistry test with Ben Affleck because they all loved her.
- Gal Gadot didn’t find out she’d be starring in her own Wonder Woman movie until the very end of the Batman v Superman shoot. “I think they were still auditioning me while I was doing the movie,” she said with a smile.
- When Patty Jenkins first signed on to Wonder Woman she was apprehensive about having her leading lady already cast, but quickly fell in love with Gal Gadot. “I don’t know that I ever would have thought to look all over the world, but thank God they did and thank God it’s her,” she said.
SOURCE: Empire (April 2017)