The countdown has begun! Warner Bros. has teamed up with Mountain Dew for a marketing campaign for The Dark Knight Rises. Co.Create sums up all the goodies we can expect to see in June:
The creative output of that collaboration will be seen beginning on June 18 when, to whip expectant fans into a proper frenzy, Mountain Dew will unveil exclusive content and storylines with the launch of DEWGothamCity.com, an online destination created by Motive and Davie Brown Entertainment designed to provide unprecedented access to the world of The Dark Knight Rises. From videos, sneak peeks, and in-depth information–such as the Applied Sciences environment that will give users a history of batgear such as Batman’s suit and his badass car, the Tumbler, or back stories on characters and Gotham City itself–new content will be released regularly leading up to the film’s July 20 opening. As the pièce de résistance, the site will also include an opportunity for fans to enter product codes to win exclusive prizes, such as one of only five scripts signed by Christopher Nolan.
As always, Batman-News.com will keep you in the know about all the cool content to come out of this campaign. Check out the full press release after the break for all the details.
PURCHASE, N.Y., May 14, 2012 — Today, Mountain Dew® (DEW) confirmed its partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ highly anticipated summer blockbuster “The Dark Knight Rises” with activations that will quench the thirst of both DEW and Dark Knight fans. Luring fans deep into Gotham City through an exclusive digital experience, DEW will unveil exclusive content and storylines from “The Dark Knight Rises” to eager fans before the film’s opening day, July 20. AndDEW itself will take a dark spin – with a Dark Knight graphic takeover of base packaging and temperature-sensitive cans that change when chilled, to Mtn Dew Dark Berry, a new limited-edition mixed berry flavor inspired by the Caped Crusader.
“Mountain Dew is all about fueling passion and that is what this partnership is based on,” said Brett O’Brien, Vice President of Marketing for Mountain Dew. “You’d be hard-pressed to find more passionate fans than those of DEW and The Dark Knight franchise. Our goal is to offer those fans unique experiences — from package and product innovation to exclusive content and access that only DEW and Batman together could provide.”
Mountain Dew’s “The Dark Knight Rises” 360-degree campaign will include:
- A new limited-time-only flavor, Mtn Dew Dark Berry, inspired by “The Dark Knight Rises,” available nationwide for 8 weeks beginning in mid June.
- Select 16-oz cans of DEW will receive a face-lift of the thermochromic variety. The special cans will use thermochromic ink to feature a bat symbol that transforms to the distinctive green color of DEW when chilled. The limited-time 16 oz. cans will hit shelves in mid June.
- The unveil of DEWGothamCity.com, an online destination designed to give fans unprecedented access into the world of “The Dark Knight Rises,” including exclusive sneak peeks of movie content and storylines. The experience will launch June 18.
- Fans that participate in the DEW Gotham City experience and enter product codes from 20 oz., and 2-liter bottles, 12-pack and 24-pack and Fountain Cups will earn points to redeem for DEW or “The Dark Knight Rises” gear or for sweepstakes entries for a chance to win exclusive prizes.
- Diet Mountain Dew driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., will give (and get) a first taste of the Dark Knight. Members of the DEW Crew, an extension of the #88 team fueled by Diet Mountain Dew, will be asked to vote to select which of four Dark Knight paint schemes will appear on Dale’s #88 Chevrolet this season. Voting begins at www.dewcrew.com on May 12.
- In-store point-of-purchase displays in retailers nationwide.
- Robust cable, primetime TV, radio and digital advertising, launching June 18, will drive mass campaign awareness.