The Hollywood Reporter’s Stephen Galloway interviewed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice producer Charles Roven and it’s without a doubt the most in-depth and revealing conversation about the movie we’ve seen so far! I encourage you all to just go watch the video above, but here are some highlights from producer Charles Roven:
- Christopher Nolan and his wife Emma Thomas are still executive producers.
- Nolan is still involved at different stages in an advisory capacity. He was involved in the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman.
- They wanted a very mature Batman, because they wanted to juxtapose him with Henry Cavill’s young Superman.
- They wanted a guy with big stature. Ben is 6′ 3″ or 6′ 4″. They wanted Batman to tower over Superman. They wanted Superman to have to look up to Batman.
- Ben Affleck was the first actor they went to. He was their first choice.
- Bruce Wayne is a much more social animal. Batman is an extremely rough guy. Very, very, very rough.
- Man of Steel was made with the idea of expanding the universe and creating a world with other superheroes.
- Wonder Woman is a demigod. Her father was Zeus.
Christopher Nolan’s name was removed from all recent press releases, but according to producer Charles Roven he’s still involved. What do you think of all the interesting Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice details he just revealed? Let me know in the comments below.
SOURCE: The Hollywood Reporter