To celebrate the launch of the new DC Heroes & Villains pen line, Montegrappa invites comic fans from across the globe to compete in a special art contest using pen and ink to draw their favorite DC superheroes and supervillains. Not only will artists get the chance to win collectible pens from the new DC Heroes & Villains line, but top-voted submissions will also be featured exclusively on the Montegrappa website and newsletter.
“A long line of truly talented comic book artists have made iconic DC superheroes and villains like Batman, the Joker, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Catwoman jump off the page right into our imaginations,” comments Elmo & Montegrappa CEO Giuseppe Aquila. “With Montegrappa’s launch of the new DC Heroes & Villains line, we want to give new and emerging artists the chance for their original artwork to be seen. This contest is an opportunity for artists to make their favorite DC characters come alive.”
The special DC-inspired art contest offers an excellent opportunity for artists of all kinds to have their illustrations featured by a global luxury and lifestyle brand. The Montegrappa DC Heroes & Villains collection features Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, as well as Batman rogues Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler. Two winners will be selected from a group of eight finalists selected by Montegrappa.
What are the guidelines?
- Art submissions must feature at least one superhero and/or supervillain from the Montegrappa DC Heroes & Villains line. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and/or Riddler are eligible subjects.
- All submitted art must use pen and ink. Submissions do not have to be colored. Artwork must be signed by the artist and dated with their full name included. Montegrappa will only consider original artwork. No plagiarism will be tolerated.
- Be creative! Draw your favorite superhero or villain in action. Montegrappa will give special consideration to art having a DC character using or wearing a pen in a unique and interesting way.
- Artists are encouraged (but not required) to feature the Montegrappa logo in their art submission if possible. Visit www.montegrappa.com to reference the logo.
How does the contest work?
- Montegrappa will narrow the field to the top eight submissions. All finalists will automatically win a new Montegrappa DC Heroes & Villains rollerball pen. U.S. retail price for each pen is $350.00.
- The eight finalists will have their artwork posted on Montegrappa’s Facebook page for voting.
- The superhero art with the most Facebook likes on the Montegrappa page will win a complete set of Montegrappa DC Heroes pens (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern). U.S. retail price for the set is $1,400.00.
- The supervillain art with the most Facebook likes on the Montegrappa page wins a complete set of Montegrappa DC Villains pens (Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler). U.S. retail price for the set is $1,400.00.
Where do I send my art?
- Email Montegrappa your original artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does voting work?
- All voting will be conducted on the Montegrappa Facebook page.
- Anyone is free to vote on finalist artwork on the Montegrappa Facebook page.
- Each DC superhero and supervillain (2) with the most likes on the Montegrappa Facebook page wins.
What are the deadlines?
- Art submissions must be received by Wednesday, Dec. 10th, 2014.
- Finalist submissions will be posted on the Montegrappa Facebook page for voting Wednesday, January 7th, 2015.
- Voting ends a week later on Wednesday, January 14th, 2015.
- Contest rules and dates are subject to change. Visit Montegrappa’s Facebook page or www.montegrappa.com for more details.
Elmo & Montegrappa S.p.A.
Montegrappa, the most important and oldest Italian manufacturer of writing instruments, was started in Bassano del Grappa in 1912. Over a century of unequalled craftsmanship has passed for this prestigious brand, known throughout the world for its unmatched creativity and style.
The Montegrappa DC Comics Heroes & Villains pen collection is produced under license with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment.