The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice issue of Empire Magazine is on sale today, but I had the pleasure of reading the iPad edition last night. There’s lots of great info that I’ve covered on Batman News, from new images and interviews with Ben Affleck and Zack Snyder, to the blueprint for the DC Extended Universe, and details about the Batmobile, Batcave, and production design. But there’s lots more info that no one is really talking about. In this article I’m going to share some interesting bits of news that were sprinkled in the great Empire piece.
- Zack Snyder, his producer wife Deborah, and producer Charles Roven are overseeing the entire DC Extended Universe.
- Zack Snyder has a whiteboard in his office with the entire DCEU sketched out.
- Wonder Woman begins filming this fall in London.
- Justice League begins filming Spring 2016.
- Pre-production for Justice League has already begun.
- Ben Affleck picked out his own Bruce Wayne hairstyle for the movie, despite Deborah Snyder not being a fan of it initially.
- Ben Affleck wears a wig in the movie for his Bruce Wayne hairstyle.
- Batman is 45 or 46 in the movie, according to Zack Snyder.
- Batman has already met Joker, Harley Quinn, and the rest of the Suicide Squad. He’s the reason they’re all in prison.
- Batman carries a machine gun at one point in the movie.
- Bruce Wayne lives in a lake house that Snyder and company call the “Glasshouse”. Wayne Manor still stands, but has been abandoned.
- Clark Kent and Lois Lane live together in an apartment.
- A Detroit museum was used to film scenes at Lex Luthor’s house.
- Deborah Snyder cried when Gal Gadot first stepped onto the set as Wonder Woman.
- Five actresses auditioned for the role of Wonder Woman opposite Ben Affleck, but it was Gal Gadot who blew everyone in the room away.
- Wonder Woman’s role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is key to shifting the story towards Justice League.
- It was Zack Snyder’s idea to put Batman in his follow-up movie to Man of Steel.
- Zack Snyder admits that Christopher Nolan was “taken aback” when he told him he wanted to reinterpret Batman alongside Superman, but he’s fully supportive.
What do you think of all this news? Did I miss anything cool from the September issue of Empire? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!
SOURCE: Empire Magazine (September 2015)