2015 was all about marketing. We got to see the first footage from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and even Suicide Squad. Before we get ready for even more marketing next year, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories of 2015. Below is a list of the most popular articles that I’ve published on Batman News, based on web traffic.
- Warner Bros. gives permission for R-rated ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ movie
- I was surprised to learn that the biggest story on Batman News wasn’t about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice or Suicide Squad. It was the fact that at NYCC Comic-Con, producer James Tucker stated that Warner Bros. gave them permission to make the upcoming animated movie The Killing Joke rated R! This story hit the front page of reddit, which is why it got so much traffic.
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ teaser trailer officially online in HD
- After leaking from a theater in Latin America, the very first trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was officially released online. It gave fans their first look at Ben Affleck’s Batman in action, and delivered a line that’s sure to be a classic. “Tell me, do you bleed? You will!”
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Comic-Con trailer officially released online in HD
- After leaking out of Hall H at Comic-Con, Warner Bros. decided to officially release the Suicide Squad trailer online. Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn and Jared Leto’s Joker stole the show, and this trailer was actually viewed more times on Warner Bros.’s YouTube channel than the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer that they released just a few days prior.
- New ‘Suicide Squad’ set photos reveal Jared Leto’s Joker and his tattoos
- In late April we got our first look at Jared Leto’s Joker, which revealed that he’d be sporting a lot of tattoos, even on his face. In mid-May we got another look at Leto’s Joker, this time from set photos from the streets of Toronto. Fans were able to get a better look at his tattoos, plus one of the many suits that he’ll be wearing in the movie.
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ trailer #3 reveals Doomsday
- After a big build up, the third trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was released online. The big reveal here was that Doomsday was in the movie. This trailer wasn’t as dark as the other two, but set the stage for what fans can expect to see on March 25, 2016.
2016 is shaping up to be one of the most exciting years in DC Comics movie history! We’re getting not one, but two Batman movies, plus the very first Justice League movie will be filmed! Thank you all so much for making Batman News the most popular Batman website in the world! 2016 is going to be one heck of a ride. Keep it locked right here for all of the latest news for the entire DC Extended Universe!