Update 12/6/17: On Wednesday, TIME announced The Silence Breakers (#MeToo movement) as Person of the Year.
2017 was a big year for Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot, and director Patty Jenkins. TIME took notice and included Jenkins in a big list of people that fans were able to vote on for their 2017 Person of the Year. Now the results are in, and Jenkins has made it to the top 10.
Here’s a look at who Jenkins is up against for TIME’s award:
- Jeff Bezos – Amazon CEO
- The Dreamers – thousands of undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. by their parents when they were children
- Kim Jong Un – North Korean leader
- Colin Kaepernick – former San Francisco 49ers quarterback
- The #MeToo movement – aims to shed light on the prevalence of sexual harassment and assault
- Robert Mueller – appointed as special counsel following FBI Director James Comey’s firing
- Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman – recently led a sweeping crackdown on businessmen and members of the royal family accused of corruptio
- Donald Trump – President of the United States
- Xi Jinping – President of China
TIME’s 2017 Person of the Year will be revealed on Wednesday morning. Do you like Jenkins’ chances against the other finalists? Let me know in the comments below.