2017 was a big year for DC fans. We got the first Wonder Woman movie over the summer, which was a huge hit and ruled the box office. We also got the very first Justice League movie. And while it wasn’t quite the hit that Warner Bros. had hoped for, it was still awesome to see all of those characters on screen together for the first time.
Before we get ready for more exciting news next year, let’s take a look back at the biggest stories of 2017. Below is a list of the most popular articles that I’ve published on Batman News, based on web traffic.
- Listen to Mark Hamill read Donald Trump tweets in his Joker voice
- Over the course of 2017, Batman: The Animated Series voice actor Mark Hamill decided to read some of President Trump’s tweets in his Joker voice. The very first one he did was released in January and went viral on Facebook.
- Exclusive: ‘Justice League’ toy gives great look at villain Steppenwolf
- Batman News reader Hank Thomas Pezer sent in some photos that he took at a California Kmart of a Justice League toy that gave us our first great look at the villain Steppenwolf. He wasn’t featured in any of the trailers yet at this point, so fans were eager to get a good look at him in toy form.
- Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill are charging fans $350 for an autograph and photo at ACE Comic-Con
- This one surprised me, since I only wrote about it a few weeks ago, but the article about Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill’s high ACE Comic-Con autograph and photo prices went viral on Facebook. To regular Comic-Con goers, this wasn’t much of a surprise, but the rest of the world was definitely interested.
- Wonder Woman’s incredible end credits sequence is officially online
- Wonder Woman had an incredible end credits sequence, and it was released online by Art of the Title while the movie was still in theaters. Fans flocked to Batman News to watch it over and over again.
- ‘Justice League’ drama revealed: Warner Bros. wanted to fire Zack Snyder after ‘Batman v Superman’
- This is another article that’s only about a month old but it still got a lot of traffic. And it’s not hard to see why. Justice League had a lot of drama surrounding it, pretty much since before cameras even started rolling, and The Wrap provided some interesting details about it that fans were eager to learn.
On paper, 2018 may look like a slow year with Aquaman not coming out until December (and who could forget Teen Titans Go! To the Movies in July?), but I think it’s going to be an exciting one. Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, and Suicide Squad 2 are all expected to shoot in 2018. That means we have lots of casting news and production updates to look forward to. We also may get a new Batman. And of course, Batman News will be the best place online to follow it all.
It’s going to be another amazing year, and I can’t thank you all enough for making Batman News the biggest site online for DC news! It was a big year for me personally too, again, all thanks to you. I was featured in The Hollywood Reporter and even got flown out to Los Angeles by Gillette for the Justice League premiere. Have a happy and safe new year, and I’ll see you all on Batman News in 2018!