A couple of weeks ago, Warner Bros. announced the Justice League Blu-ray. The big selling point? Bonus scenes involving Henry Cavill’s Superman. Now, according to some new information, it appears that those new scenes will be very brief.
A user on the Blu-ray.com forums named “Pieter V” posted the runtimes for each of the special features on the Justice League Blu-ray. “The Return of Superman”, which is the section that contains the Superman bonus scenes, is just 01:51 long. That’s disappointing, considering that the Wonder Woman Blu-ray included one bonus scene which was 2:39 long.
And it gets worse. Batman v Superman and Wonder Woman’s Blu-rays proudly advertised over 2 hours of extras. The Justice League bonus features add up to just over an hour at 73 minutes long.
- The return of Superman 01:51
- The heart of Justice League 11:20
- Scene studies: Heroes Park 04:40
- Justice League: New heroes 11:49
- Scene studies: Revisiting the Amazons 03:20
- The road to justice 13:32
- Steppenwolf, the conqueror 02:51
- Suit up: The look of Justice League 09:50
- The technology of Justice League 07:50
- Scene studies: The tunnel battle 03:19
- Scene studies: Wonder Woman’s rescue 03:02
Total runtime: 73:24
If I had to guess as to why there’s so little bonus content on the Justice League Blu-ray, I’d say it’s because they’re not including any behind-the-scenes looks at the many scenes that were cut from the movie. I also doubt it’ll include any footage from the Joss Whedon reshoots. For some reason Warner Bros. has been down playing that very important piece of the Justice League puzzle.
SOURCE: Blu-ray.com forums