Earlier today Warner Bros. announced that the upcoming DC streaming video service would be called “DC Universe”, and now they’ve announced a brand new show that will air exclusively on the service.
A live-action Swamp Thing series is coming to DC Universe from Aquaman director James Wan’s production company, Atomic Monster, and Warner Bros. Television. Wan will serve as an executive producer and had the following to say on Twitter:
Been developing this “vegetarian hero” for awhile now :) With a great team. Happy to finally share. Expect — mood, mystery, gothic romance, and swamp monsters! https://t.co/WbZ9Lb6iBR
— James Wan (@creepypuppet) May 2, 2018
Swamp Thing is expected to premiere in 2019. Check out more official details from Warner Bros. below.
- Platform: Only on DC Universe
- Auspices: Atomic Monster in association with Warner Bros. Television
- Order: Script-to-series order
- Format: One-hour drama
- Executive Producers: James Wan (Atomic Monster), Mark Verheiden, Gary Dauberman, Michael Clear (Atomic Monster)
- Co-Producer: Rob Hackett (Atomic Monster)
- Written by Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman
- Based on characters from DC created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson
- Logline: When CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.