According to a new report, Warner Bros. is moving ahead with an animated adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween.
Revenge of the Fans is reporting exclusively that Warner Bros. is working on a two-part animated project to adapt the 12-part Batman: The Long Halloween comic. From what the site has been able to dig up, this would be a stand alone film in the same way as The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns adaptations were.
Additionally, the report goes on to name some of the voice talent said to be attached to the project, but it is unknwon which parts they will be playing.
- Troy Baker is on the list, but seeing as he has played both Batman and the Joker in the past, you can take your guess here.
- Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) has played Jason Todd in the past, so this would be a new part for him this time around.
- Naya Rivera (Glee) is another one that she could be just about any female part.
- Titus Welliver (Sons of Anarchy) could be up for severl older roles.
- David Dastmalchian previously played a henchman in The Dark Knight,
- Katee Sackhoff (The Flash) might be a good fit for Poison Ivy.
- Jim Pirri
- Amy Landecker
- Matthew Gray Gubler
- Fred Tatasciore
There’s no indication when this project will be officially announced or when it might hit our screens, but considering the popularity of this storyline it would definitely be high on a lot of people’s ‘must see’ lists.
SOURCE: Revenge of the Fans
Fun Jug Media, LLC (operating Batman-News.com) has affiliate partnerships with various companies. These do not at any time have any influence on the editorial content of Batman News. Fun Jug Media LLC may earn a commission from these links.