It’s time to become Batman at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 by visiting The Batman Experience.
Presented by AT&T, the Batman Experience is going to an immersive and interactive installation where you will see props, vehicles, games, costumes, and more related to Batman. There will be a preview held on July 17 as Batman is inducted into the Comic-Con Museum Character Hall of Fame. It will then be open July 18 through July 21. Best of all, you will not need a Comic-Con badge to check it out, so if you’re in the area, feel free to stop by.
“DC is pulling out all the stops for this year’s Comic-Con to celebrate Batman’s 80th, from our dozens of panels to our newly expanded booth which is the largest on the convention center floor – THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE takes everything to the next level,” said DC Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee, who contributed several original pieces to the exhibition including the original artwork commissioned exclusively for the commemorative program guide cover celebrating Comic-Con International’s milestone 50th anniversary.
“We’re honored to have a role in celebrating Batman’s induction into the Comic-Con Museum Character Hall of Fame, and we wanted to celebrate this iconic Super Hero in a way that is unique to what AT&T has the power to do,” said Valerie Vargas, SVP of Advertising and Creative Services, AT&T. “THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE will be an epic, fan-centric activation showcasing how creativity and innovative technology can unlock new opportunities for fans, allowing them to engage and interact with Batman in a whole new way.”
Some of the activities will include:
- The Dark Knight Dive is the centerpiece attraction of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE and a one-of-a-kind VR skydiving experience into the Gotham City. By combining a skydive booth with the magic of VR goggles and a helmet in the shape of a Batman cowl, gamers and Batman fans will enjoy a 4D interactive experience. Visitors will virtually fly through Gotham City in pursuit of the Scarecrow, who in attempting to take over the city, unleashes his Fear gas and creates a harrowing journey for fans through Batman’s 80 years of friends and foes.
- The Batcave gaming lounge will feature all generations of Batman video and arcade games straight from the DC archives – examples include Warner Bros. titles such as Batman The Brave And The Bold (Wii or 3DS), LEGO Batman 3 (PS4), Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) and Injustice 2 (PS4) – and are all available to play as part of THE BATMAN EXPERIENCE.
- Hundreds of rare pieces of iconic DC comic book art and large-scale film and television props, including several from Tim Burton’s groundbreaking “Batman” film such as the Batmobile and Batsuit worn by Michael Keaton. The original Batman feature film is celebrating its own 30th anniversary this year. Joining these classic pieces will be a new car created by “Wayne Technology” that will give fans a taste of their future entertainment experiences in autonomous cars with 5G.
- WHAAM! KABOOM! POW! The Rogue Gallery Rumble is an interactive punching bag experience that uses projection mapping and lights to trigger classic and iconic animations and sounds throughout the space.
- A special 6-foot Batman Black & White Statue designed by acclaimed artist and writer Todd McFarlane will be unveiled on July 17, marking the 100th statue in the line. The one-of-a-kind life-size version of the 100th statue will be displayed throughout SDCC along with the other 99 Batman Black & White figures from DC Collectibles.
It sounds like a fun time, and if you’re in town you should definitely drop by and check it out!