A new year is upon us, and it’s time to reflect on what 2019 brought us in the way of DC-related news.
If there was any one trend we saw, it was that everyone was super excited about Joker. As we looked up our top posts, even outside of the top five it was a lot of discussion about the Clown Prince of Crime.
- Fox releases images of Batman suit from Gotham
- Love or hate the series, we had waited five seasons to finally see Batman on Gotham, and it finally happened. Even if you had never watched the series, curiosity clearly got the best of everyone.
- The Suicide Squad cast has finally been unveiled
- After months of rumors, James Gunn finally revealed the cast of The Suicide Squad. Of course, he still left some mystery as he didn’t tell us which characters each person was playing.
- Joker creeps up the all-time box office list
- It was difficult to not be at least a little bit excited as a fairly low-budget film made its way past the $1 billion dollar mark at the box office. We all had to take a little bit of pride in the success of Joker.
- Shazam Blu-ray and digital release dates and details announced
- While Shazam! may not have made a killing at the box office, everyone seemed to want to know when they could bring it home to watch.
- Empire cover shows off new image of Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker
- Joker hype was building and building, and every new image had everyone interested in what the film was going to look like.
2020 is going to be a rollercoaster of a ride as we have two movies arriving – Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman 1984 – but we also have The Batman going into production. And maybe, just maybe, Gunn will finally tell us all of the characters in The Suicide Squad.