During last year’s New York Comic Con, the streaming service DC Universe announced the “DCYou Unscripted” initiative, encouraging fans across America to create a pitch for an unscripted show related to all things DC. The content could be anything from game shows to opinion pieces, and the ten finalists would be able to pitch their content directly to DC Executives, with three winners seeing their shows come to life exclusively on the platform.
After several months and over 1,100 applications, DC Universe has announced the ten finalists, as well as where and when we can see their ideas!
All finalists will be presenting their five minute pitches, preceding a five minute Q&A, to the following judges:
- DC Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee
- DC Publisher Dan DiDio
- Stage 13 Senior Vice President and General Manager Diana Mogollon
These pitches will take place in a DC Daily two-part special on the streaming site, premiering on January 23rd and the 24th. The finalists will be aided by these mentors in refining their pitch concepts:
- Dan Evans, Vice President, Creative Affairs and Creative Services, DC
- Bridgette Theriault, Senior Vice President, Development, Telepictures
- Phil Jimenez, DC Writer and Artist
Finally, here are the ten contestants!
- Cameron Barger – Seattle, WA
- Molly Brady – Los Angeles, CA
- Steven Holloway – Jersey City, NJ
- Courtney Johnson – Washington, D.C.
- Royce Miller – Bridgewater, SD
- Alexis Pivincy – Los Angeles, CA
- Elora Powell – Tigard, OR
- William Spear – East Brunswick, NJ
- Will Stewart & Ben Barlow – Atlanta, GA
- Michael Toulson – Cooperstown, NY
Congratulations to each and every one of them for getting so far in the competition, and we look forward to seeing three of their pitches being realized on DC Universe.
Follow this story to get email or text alerts from Batman News when there is a future article following this storyline.