Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, a lot of us are finding ourselves at home. Parents may be running out of ways to entertain their kids, but never fear, DC is here to help.
DC has announced that it is launching DC Kids Camp on Wednesday starting at 10am Pacific. The activities will include activity sheets, coloring pages, blank comic book pages, middle-grade graphic novel previews, and additional downloadable content will be shared. You will find the activities on DC’s social channels such as @dccomicskids on Twitter and @dckids on Instagram.
The first week’s author/artist video schedule includes:
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – “Make a Green Lantern Ring with Minh Lê”
- Thursday, March 26, 2020 – “Superman Origami with Gene Luen Yang”
- Friday, March 27, 2020 – “Make Your Own Superhero with Dustin Hansen”
Additional books and DC author/artists to be featured via DC Kids Camp include:
- Franco Aureliani, Art Baltazar (Superman of Smallville)
- Meg Cabot (Black Canary: Ignite)
- Matthew Cody (Zatanna and the House of Secrets)
- Amanda Deibert (DC Super Hero Girls)
- Shea Fontana (Batman: Overdrive)
- Agnes Garbowska (DC Super Hero Girls)
- Dustin Hansen (My Video Game Ate My Homework)
- Shannon Hale, Dean Hale (Diana: Princess of the Amazons)
- Thomas Krajewski, Jennifer Muro, Gretel Lusky (Primer)
- Minh Lê (Green Lantern: Legacy)
- Demitria Lunetta, Kate Karyus Quinn (Anti/Hero)
- Michael Northrop (Dear Justice League)
- Ridley Pearson (Super Sons trilogy)
- Kirk Scroggs (The Secret Spiral of Swamp Kid)
- Brittney Williams (Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge)
- Gene Luen Yang (Superman Smashes the Klan)
The festivities kick off today, and will run Monday – Friday until further notice.
If you have a child at home, or you’re a kid at heart, join in the fun!