The nominations for the Costume Designers Guild Awards were recently announced, and two DC films made the cut.
While it may just feel as though Birds of Prey was released 10 years ago due to the way 2020 played out, the film indeed release just over a year ago and is currently on the awards circuit. With Wonder Woman 1984 coming out just before the end of the year, it is also out in the awards world at the same time.
Both films received nominations from the Costume Designers Guild with Wonder Woman 1984 landing in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Film category, while Birds of Prey is in the Contemporary Film competition.
Excellence in Sci-Fi / Fantasy Film
- Dolittle – Jenny Beavan
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey – Michael Wilkinson
- Mulan – Bina Daigeler
- Pinocchio – Massimo Cantini Parrini
- Wonder Woman 1984 – Lindy Hemming
Excellence in Contemporary Film
- Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar – Trayce Gigi Field
- Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) – Erin Benach
- Da 5 Bloods – Donna Berwick
- Promising Young Woman – Nancy Steiner
- The Prom – Lou Eyrich
The awards are due to be announced April 13, 2021.