Batman Day 2021 is nearly upon us, and it looks as though there will be some fun new content to consume.
DC announced all of the plans for Batman Day 2021 that is set t take place on Sept. 18. One of the biggest will be the launch of Batman: The Audio Adventures, a 10-part podcast series that will debut on HBO Max. The series will feature Jeffrey Wright as Batman, Rosario Dawson as Catwoman, John Leguizamo as the Riddler with featured performances by Chris Parnell, Melissa Villaseñor, Seth Meyers, Brent Spiner, Ike Barinholtz, Bobby Moynihan, Kenan Thompson, Jason Sudeikis, Alan Tudyk, Heidi Gardner, Brooke Shields, Paul Scheer, Tim Meadows, Fred Armisen, and Ray Wise.
In Oct., you will also be able to check out Batman: The Audio Adventures comic. The 80-page, prestige format one-shot features a prequel story by Dennis McNicholas, Bobby Moynihan, Heidi Gardner, Paul Scheer, and others; art by Leonardo Romero, Juni Ba, and others; and cover by Dave Johnson.
Other events include:
- DC will release a special reprint of the hugely popular crossover release BATMAN/FORTNITE: ZERO POINT #1. The series was an immediate hit for fans of Batman as well as Fortnite and marked the first time that the world of the popular online game appeared in a DC comic.
- FaZe Clan, the leading digital lifestyle and media platform rooted in gaming and youth culture will release a comic with DC on September 24—the first gaming organization to create a comic with DC! The limited-edition comic will feature popular FaZe Clan members like FaZe Banks, FaZe Apex, FaZe Temperrr, FaZeRain, FaZe Adapt, FaZe Rug and FaZe Blaze in Super Hero form. And this is just the beginning: there’s even more FaZe Clan and Batman coming in Batman Month that fans won’t want to miss, including limited-edition Batman and FaZe Clan merchandise like esports jerseys, tees, hoodies and more, available on fazeclan.com, shop.dccomics.com and NTWRK. Make sure to check out the BatmanDay.com hub, and follow @FaZeClan on Twitter and Instagram.
- As a companion to the recently released BAT-TECH app, participating comic book stores, digital platforms and DCUI will feature a special BATMAN DAY edition of the first issue of BATMAN KNIGHTWATCH BAT-TECH limited series.
- Across the Batman monthly comic books, the Scarecrow launches his campaign of terror in Gotham City, and it’s up to Batman and his allies to stop him in the can’t-miss publishing event BATMAN: FEAR STATE, launching in September, and continuing throughout the months of October and November across all Batman family titles.
- WEBTOON Entertainment Inc., the world’s number one webcomic platform, is releasing the first WEBTOON set in the DC universe: Batman: Wayne Family Adventures. Batman needs a break, but with new vigilante Duke Thomas moving into Wayne Manor and an endless supply of adopted, fostered, and biological vigilante children to manage, Bruce Wayne is going to have his hands full. Being a father can’t be harder than being Batman, right? Read the first episode here today at 10:00 a.m. Pacific/1:00 p.m. Eastern.
Mark your calendars for Sept. 18!