Get ready to completely rewrite your schedule of upcoming DC films as Warner Bros. has moved just about all of them.
Following an announcement earlier on Wednesday, Warner Bros. has completely shifted its schedule of upcoming DC films.
- DC League of Super-Pets is moving from May 20, 2022 to July 29, 2022.
- Black Adam moves from July 29, 2022 to Oct. 21, 2022.
- The Flash moves from Nov. 4, 2022 to June 23, 2023.
- Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom moves from Dec. 16, 2022 to March 17, 2023.
- Shazam! Fury of the Gods moves up from June 2, 2023, to Dec. 16, 2022
While we had not yet heard an official release date for Batgirl, rumors had pointed to Dec. With it building off of the events of The Flash, we suspect that will now debut some time in 2023.
This news is disappointing on the surface, but it seems to set up a much more solid run of releases without lengthy delays in between. We haven’t heard what is planned after June 2023 yet, but with Blue Beetle going into production by the fall, we imagine that’s a good candidate to hold its Aug. 18, 2023 date.
Adjust your calendars accordingly, this schedule should hold for some time now.